Monday, October 1, 2012

The Window to the World on Life of A Poet Week 23




Can you tell us about yourself?
I come from a Hindu family of low income group, and my parents came in India in 1940 from Bangladesh (erstwhile East Pakisthan). I was born in India in 1950, and become Honors Graduate in Mathematics in 1971. And I was employed as a Government Servant, and retired in 2010 from service.
From my school days I love poetry and write poetry in Bengali which is my mother language, and few poems are published in my pen name, in a famous small literary journal published from Kolkata. Then I started writing poetry in English in 1989, a few of them published in a local literary journal, and after a gap of ten years again I write poems in English in 1999. And there is a gap of about five years again, then first poetry book, THREE POEMS is published in 2005, the second WINTER SHADE TO HIS LIKING in 2007, and the third, AZURE in 2010. Poetry books are praised by leading poet, Dr. Benjamin Zephaniah of UK. All books are self-published.
Which country do you live in now? What’s your profession? be general, no need to specify your location...
I live at Kharagpur, West Bengal, India. I am a retired person.

 We’re happy that you have been part of Poets Rally as a participant, what has driven you to where you are in this particular community? 
I find the Poets Rally is very rich in propagating poetry, and many good poems are published in its links. Its official list poetry sites, Perfect Poet Award Posts, etc. contain poems of  very powerful poets. I enjoy in reading their creations. 
How long have you been blogging? Do you think being part of a poetry community contributes to your creative writing?
I started blogging in March, 2011 after retirement from Government Service.
Yes, a poetry community or a literary group enriches me for my writing.

Why poetry? Do you write fiction too?
I feel comfortable in writing poetry when I see something with the feeling and reflection in mind, as if it is like morning to start with, and I try to write down some words in poetry in prose format.
I have tried to write fiction in early stage of writing, but cannot feel good to go forward. 
Please share 3 to 5 blog links you enjoy reading most, give 1 or 2 sentences to tell why you love their creative process.
She writes beautiful poems with poetic thoughts and elegance of life, in easy flowing of words. I like her poems.

2. Etha Gray 

She gives me scope to read her poetry book, THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE which is poetry of living roots of life, spiritual journey and lovely feeling. I like the poetry book.

3. Michaeil’s Lair

He writes very powerful poems with sparkling thoughts of life that I enjoy very much.

4. Zongrik

Poems of Zongrik are interesting with impressive images of life in using of words, a metaphor of life. I like her poems.

5. Taylor Kong Boomer
She writes excellent poem with excellent feeling of life. I like her poems.

How do you know when a poem is done? your own experiences need to be shared here...
When I feel something or see something that moves me, I write in words of my feeling and emotions right away, and I stop writing when telling of my feeling ends at a point of time.
How do you decide when a poem is "good"? Do you redo your own poems after they’re posted? it could be poem someone else written...
When I feel good in reading a poem, I think it is good poem.
Practically, I make few changes in a few of my poems, after they are posted,  in my blog only when I feel the change is  necessary.
It may be same topic of someone’s poem, but it cannot be the same in any way or in expression which is certainly be different from the poem that I have written. So one’s poem must be different in poetic style from other one’s poem, and my poem cannot be poem someone else written.  
Do you think music and poetry are related? Why?
Only I can say all music may be poems, but all poems are not music, because rhythm of poetry and that of music with lyrics are different on utterances, although sound and meaning are common in both music and poetry. Besides sound or tune of a piano is to hear.
What issues are closed to your heart? Women’s rights, child abuses, etc.…name one…
At present I have issue on ‘love’.
What’s your other hobbies besides writing? Do you have pets?  
Besides writing, I spend some time with my little grandson, and some time spent on domestic works.
I have no pets.

Please list your blog links below, share 1 or 2 poems that represents best of your poetry talent…
1.     GOD, LIFE AND LOVE

2. GREEN, THE LIVING SENSATION


- Asim Kumar Paul,
20.09.2012
INDIA

5 comments:

Hyde Park Poetry Palace said...

Thanks for the informative response.

Anonymous said...

lovely response.

KAPARDELI EFTICHIA said...

My lovely friend Asim Ι think that unfolds a huge talent and true answers show a tender heart that its purpose is the worship of poetry combined with the love of God and life. This combination is present in very few poets, and I think it represents and me Congratulations!!!The poems you have feelings and wisdom:))♥ NAMASTE-Peace♥

Sumara Anjum said...

nice..uncle g ..:-)

Living with Poetry, poems by Asim Kumar Paul said...

It is cheering for me to see
My past work on poetry,
That does exist till date.
It is an alluring chapter
To see the poetry blog
Hype Park Poetry makes
A journey and presents
A good work on poetry
Since the year of 2011,
AND my interview was
Published in 2012.
Thanks to Hyde Park Poetry
For presenting so many
Of its editions having importance
Touched all along.

hyde park poetry poets rally on thursdays week 144 , busy walks, spring break, mixed weather

          heavy machinery   young high school students